Community Living Hamilton (CLH), a busy and vibrant organization that supports 1,600 adults and children with diverse abilities thrive in the community. We have an opening for the role of Supervisor – Special Needs Resourcing in our Special Needs Resourcing program within our agency.
CLH is the region’s largest service provider for individuals with developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome and Autism. We are dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential, be included in our community and, ultimately, build great lives.
This is an exciting time to join Community Living Hamilton. We have redefined our Mission, Vision and new Values and are in the process of establishing a new strategic plan for the next three to five years. As an accredited organization, we offer widely recognized expertise and serve more than 1,600 people with special needs every year – from children to aging seniors. We offer community participation programs, residential services, respite services, employment supports and services designed for children.
Community Living Hamilton (CLH) has delivered the core Special Needs Resourcing (SNR) services in Hamilton’s childcare system since 2017. The landscape for service provision in Hamilton has shifted increasingly towards a broader scope and demand for high-quality diverse, equitable and inclusive services among Hamilton’s growing population of children and families. The complexities of disability and compounding marginalization (e.g., socialization, indigenous, francophone, 2SLBQT, etc.) pose unique opportunities for this program. Successful candidates will act as role models for inclusion and lead a team of Resource Consultants and Inclusion Facilitators in implementing best practices that will allow all children to participate fully in their own learning and development.
The Supervisor – Special Needs Resourcing is responsible for the overall management, direction and coaching of a team of ten to fifteen staff members as they deliver on the service model. She/he will role-model Community Living Hamilton’s commitment to inclusion and our belief that effective service delivery must be client-focused, strength-based and designed to meet the goals of the individuals we serve. She/he will:
- Develop, maintain and promote a high level of quality service delivery.
- Lead and supervise program staff with regular on-site management.
- Ensure the program meets all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders that enhance the image and reputation of the organization, our services and our staff team.
- Schedule Resource Consultants and Inclusion Facilitators to best allocate staffing resources with the need of the individual licensed child care centers.
- Ensure the safety, security and wellness of children, co-workers, and visitors.
Other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma in the human services field, with preference given to Early Childhood
- Education, (ECE), Family Studies, Child Studies, or equivalent
- Registered member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the role of the Resource Consultant an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management, supervisory or team leadership role is an asset.
- Experience in planning and coordinating child care services in complex situations and with children with special needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written
- Able to use MS Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s license
- Satisfactory Police Record Check for Service with the Vulnerable Sector is required
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- A commitment to inclusion and empowerment for people with special needs
- French language fluency, or other languages including sign language is an asset
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS ROLE WILL BE:
- A strategic thinker who is also capable of end-to-end tactical execution
- Able to communicate a vision clearly, inspire others to achieve results
- Innovative and a life-long learner
- Analytical and capable of integrating and interpreting a variety of data in order to leverage best-practices and achieve business goals.
- A collaborative role model for staff
- Expert facilitation and conflict management skills
- A multi-tasker with the ability to be creative and problem solve – able to execute under deadline pressure
- Committed to personal accountability
- A passionate advocate for people with special needs and their families
This position will require some local travel.
To find out more about this opportunity, or to apply email: email@example.com
Please use “Supervisor – Special Needs Resourcing” in the Subject line, and submit a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) by September 25 th at 5:00pm
Community Living Hamilton is committed to equitable employment practices. Candidates with fluency in a second language are encouraged to note this in their resume.