Community Living Hamilton (CLH), a busy and vibrant organization that supports 1,600 adults and children with diverse abilities thrive in the community. We have openings for the role of a Temporary Part-Time Payroll and Scheduling Assistant to work within our Finance and People Resources teams.
CLH is the region’s largest service provider for individuals with developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome and Autism. We are dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential, be included in our community, and, ultimately, build great lives.
This is an exciting time to join Community Living Hamilton. We have redefined our Mission, Vision, and new Values and are in the process of establishing a new strategic plan for the next three to five years. As an accredited organization, we offer widely recognized expertise and serve more than 1,600 people with special needs every year – from children to aging seniors. We offer community participation programs, residential services, respite services, employment supports, and services designed for children.
- Data input of timesheets, pay adjustments, and timesheet verification
- Process new hires, transfers, terminations, retirements, rate and benefit changes
- Maintenance of employee payroll files; Sick and Vacation time balances
- Timely posting of pay to the general ledger and transfer of funds
- Preparation and submission of Record of Employment (ROE’s)
- Preparation and submission of WSIA Form 7 and other mployer reports
- Processing of manual and special payments
- Ensure accurate calculation and payment of supplements, retroactive and vacation pays
- Reconciliation of payroll related accounts
- Investigation, analysis and year end reporting of employee pension contributions
- Preparation, reconciliation and timely remittance of payroll deductions
- Reconciliation of pay registers and bank transfers
- Responsible for ensuring timely investigation and resolution of all payroll inquiries
- Preparation, reconciliation and distribution of T4 slips
- Administration of pay garnishments
- Telephone/ E-mail/Voice-mail communication and correspondence as requested
- Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with ComVida Payroll and HRIS or other Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems an asset
- Understanding of Management Information System (MIS) Guidelines an asset
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Receiving staff calls to the attendance line reporting an absence and making calls to arrange immediate coverage for absent employees
- Using established organizational practices, redeploy staff as required in the event of staffing shortages, in consultation with the Human Resources.
- Coordinate staffing coverage for vacations and predicted absences
- Maintain records of approved Requests for Time Away from Work, ensuring all coverage requests are documented and approved according to organizational policy
- Accurately enter all staffing transactions in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Scheduling module
- Answer staff calls to the attendance line and arrange immediate coverage for absent employees
- Update On Call list staff current availability
- Ensure all scheduling activities comply with the Collective Agreement and Employment Standards Act under the guidance of the People Resources team
- Administrative tasks as needed
- 2+ years’ experience in a scheduling position within a unionized setting
- 2+ years’ experience using a time and attendance/scheduling system, with the demonstrated ability to learn and operate varied database and time and attendance systems.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Payroll, Accounting, Finance, Bookkeeping or a related field, is an asset
- Previous experience in a unionized setting preferred
- Experience with ComVida or a comparable HRIS/Payroll/Scheduling system, with the ability to learn new systems and act as the SME for such systems
- Able to communicate and partner effectively with co-workers in various departments
- Sound understanding and effective approach to customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Process-oriented, and able to adhere to policy or refer exceptions to senior management
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in the developmental services or related sector strongly preferred
- French language fluency, or other language fluency preferred
This Temporary Part Time Position will require you to work all shifts: days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
If this describes you and you are interested, please submit your expression of interest, including a covering letter and résumé to:
Human Resources Department
Community Living Hamilton
Posting closes August 31, 2022 midnight
or until position is filled
Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To learn more about us, visit: communitylivinghamilton.com/