Location: Special Needs Resourcing
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday – Shifts will be scheduled within Hours of Operation 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
This is a Temporary Full-Time Position within the Bargaining Unit lasting approximately 12 months.
Posting Date: January 24, 2023
Closing Date: February 14, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Hamilton (CLH) has delivered the core Special Needs Resourcing (SNR) services in Hamilton’s childcare system since 2017. The landscape for service provision in Hamilton has shifted increasingly towards a broader scope and demand for high-quality diverse, equitable and inclusive services among Hamilton’s growing population of children and families. The complexities of disability and compounding marginalization (e.g., racialization, indigenous, francophone, 2SLBQT, etc.) pose unique opportunities for this program. Successful candidates will act as role models for inclusion and be a resource to the whole classroom team in implementing best practices that will allow all children to participate fully in their own learning and development.
- A diploma in Early Childhood Education from an Ontario College of Applied Arts
and Technology, or through a program on the approved list of post-secondary
programs as recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Valid registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Additional training/experience/education related to working with children with
- Previous experience/training relating to Certification in First Aid including
- Valid Driver’s license and access to vehicle
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates possessing:
- Fluency in a 2 nd language ie. French
- Experience with diverse client groups
- Training/Education in Mental Health
- Training/Education in ASD
- Additional job-related training/certifications
- Advocating for Others. Helping build understanding and awareness to remove barriers and achieve inclusion.
- Working with Others. Communicating to reach understanding in others and yourself and then working together to meet shared goals.
- Creativity, Problem-Solving & Decision Making. Understanding a situation, exploring options and making the best choice to achieve success.
- Helping Others Achieve. Providing support and guidance to others, building on strengths and encouraging others to work towards their goals.
- Initiative. Taking the action needed to follow through on plans and act on opportunities and address concerns.
- Interpersonal Relationships & Respect. Dealing with people in a sensitive and respectful manner. Listening & understanding perspectives.
- Resilience. Continuing on, even in difficult situations and being willing to take a stand for what is right.
An equivalent combination of Education, Experience and Ability acceptable to the Director and Manager may be considered.
Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.