Position: Direct Support Facilitator – Community Participation (On Call)
Location: All Day Program Locations (Greater Hamilton)
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Direct Support Facilitators – Community Participation, will collaborate with other staff members to implement meaningful development plans and programming/activity schedules that flow from a client centered philosophy.
- DSW, SSW or Social Sciences degree or diploma in a related field. The above education with a DDW Certificate preferred.
- Two (2) years recent experience working with adults with a developmental disability preferred.
- Strong commitment to the individuals supported by Community Living Hamilton
- Positive attitude and a true appreciation for diverse abilities
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates possessing:
- Fluency in a 2nd language
- Experience with diverse client groups
- Training / Education in Mental Health
- Training / Education in ASD
- Additional job related training / certifications
Advocating for Others
Helping build understanding and awareness to remove barriers and achieve inclusion.
Working with Others
Communicating to reach understanding in others and yourself and then working together to meet shared goals.
Creativity, Problem Solving & Decision Making
Understanding a situation, exploring options and making the best choice to achieve success.
Helping Others Achieve
Providing support and guidance to others, building on strengths and encouraging others to work towards their goals.
Taking the action needed to follow through on plans and act on opportunities and address concerns.
Interpersonal Relationships & Respect
Dealing with people in a sensitive and respectful manner. Listening & understanding perspectives.
Continuing on, even in difficult situations and being willing to take a stand for what is right.
An equivalent combination of Education, Experience and Ability acceptable to the Director and Manager may be considered.
Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this describes you and you are interested in learning more about this role, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Community Living Hamilton
Posting closes December 7, 2018
Community Living Hamilton is committed to equitable employment practices.
Candidates with fluency in a second language, particularly French, are encouraged to note this in their resume.