At Community Living Hamilton, we are passionate about helping people with any kind of disability achieve their employment goals. We work with you so you can gain work experience, develop job skills and become an active participant in the community.
Are you looking for Work? Community Living Hamilton’s Employment Access Program can assist you with finding employment.
Our experienced staff can help with:
- Starting or enhancing your job search
- Building your resume and applying for work
- Discovering your hidden talents and areas of interest
- Tips on how to build your network
- Preparing for a job interview
- Onsite support to ensure you are successful and can stay on the job
- Understanding how to “dress for Success”, improve your time management and develop other soft skills that lead to advancement into the workforce
- Acquiring certifications as needed or required
- Accessing financial supports including Employment Start up Benefits through ODSP
For more information, please contact us to discuss your situation.
On-Site Employment Resources
Our Community Placement Specialists can provide you with resources needed for a successful job search. Come visit our fully accessible Employment Services Centre and use our:
- Printer, photocopier/scanner, fax machine and telephones
- Resume building software
- Job Board
- Library of job search resources
During the pandemic, access to on-site resources is restricted. Please contact us to discuss our services.
We also offer a variety of workshops and learning opportunities to help you find work. Topics include:
- Networking/Creating your elevator pitch
- Interview Skills
- Building a resume and a cover letter
- Healthy Work Habits (Good sleep habits, eating well, taking care of yourself)
- How to Keep Your Job
- Workplace Health and Safety During the Pandemic
- Building Self-Reliance
- Conflict Resolution
- Overcoming Barriers to Employment
Please check our calendar to find course availability and register or contact us to get more details.
Transitional Employment Program
Are you an individual with an intellectual disability who is over the age of 18 and looking to gain employment skills? This unique program offers:
- Pre-employment training and skill building through volunteering
- One on one job coaching support available
- Variety of workshops available
For more information, please contact us.
Information for Employers
Community Living Hamilton provides employment services for employers. We can help you find the perfect candidate for your positions.
We can assist with:
- Posting jobs
- Screening resumes
- Diversity awareness and education
- Booking space for interviews
- Retention services and supports
- Securing incentives and wage subsidies to support the hiring and training of new staff (contact us to discuss incentives and your eligibility)
- Apprenticeship Grants and incentives
“Leanne is an asset to our company. Her exceptional attitude and ability to foster an inclusive work environment have significantly contributed to our success. We firmly believe that an inclusive workplace that embraces individuals of all abilities is not only morally right but also strategically advantageous. We are grateful to have Leanne as a member of our team and look forward to witnessing her continued growth and impact on our company.”
– Ikram Muhammad
HR Business Partner
DHL Express Canada.