Position: Direct Support Facilitator – Group Living
Location: Relief positions will be required to work at ALL residential locations as scheduled
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week: Monday and Friday 2:00pm – 10:00pm, Sunday 11:00am – 7:00pm
This is a Part Time Temporary Position within the Bargaining Unit lasting 6 months
Direct Support Facilitators – Group Living provide support and assistance to clients within our group living settings, delivering social, recreational and learning based activities within the community.
- DSW, SSW or Social Sciences degree or diploma in a related field. The above education with a DDW Certificate preferred.
- Two (2) years recent experience working with adults with a developmental disability preferred.
- Strong commitment to the individuals supported by Community Living Hamilton
- Positive attitude and a true appreciation for diverse abilities
- Fluency in a 2nd language
- Experience with diverse client groups
- Training/ Education in Mental Health
- Training/ Education in ASD
- Additional job-related training/ certifications
- Advocating for Others – Helping build understanding and awareness to remove barriers and achieve inclusion.
- Working with Others – Communicating to reach understanding in others and yourself and then working together to meet shared goals.
- Creativity, Problem Solving & Decision Making – Understanding a situation, exploring options and making the best choice to achieve success.
- Helping Others Achieve – Providing support and guidance to others, building on strengths and encouraging others to work towards their goals.
- Initiative – Taking the action needed to follow through on plans and act on opportunities and address concerns.
- Interpersonal Relationships & Respect – Dealing with people in a sensitive and respectful manner. Listening & understanding perspectives.
- Resilience – Continuing on, even in difficult situations and being willing to take a stand for what is right.
An equivalent combination of Education, Experience and Ability acceptable to the Director and Manager may be considered.
Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this describes you and you are interested in learning more about this role, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Community Living Hamilton
Posting closes January 26, 2020
Community Living Hamilton is committed to equitable employment practices.