Community Living Hamilton (CLH), a busy and vibrant organization that supports 1,600 adults and children with diverse abilities thrive in the community. We have an opening for the role of a Regular, Part-Time Retail Clerk – Key Holder in our Drop ‘n’ Shop store within our agency.
ORGANIZATION PROFILE – CLH is the region’s largest service provider for individuals with developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome and Autism. We are dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential, be included in our community and, ultimately, build great lives.
This is an exciting time to join Community Living Hamilton. We have redefined our Mission, Vision, and new Values and are in the process of establishing a new strategic plan for the next three to five years. As an accredited organization, we offer widely recognized expertise and serve more than 1,600 people with special needs every year – from children to aging seniors. We offer community participation programs, residential services, respite services, employment supports, and services designed for children.
To provide customer service to patrons in a retail environment responding to customer complaints and feedback and maintaining a professional and welcoming retail atmosphere.
- Provide a safe and welcoming retail environment
- Handle cashier responsibilities
- Open and close store
- Organize and clean store, based on federal, provincial and public health directives
- Set up displays
- Receive donations
- Process donations by loading/unloading, sorting, packing, hanging, pricing, and storing donations
- Sort, process and replenish merchandise
- Strong communication, leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality service and standards
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Creative problem solving
- Contribute to meeting store sales targets
- Provide efficient courteous customer service
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- 3-5 years Retail sales experience. Thrift store experience is an asset
- Positive attitude and a true appreciation for diverse abilities
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination
- Valid Police record check
- Fluency in a language other than English preferred
- Experience with diverse client groups preferred (age, culture, program type, etc.).
- Additional formal training in additional topics relevant to the position strongly preferred (Mental Health, ASD training)
Advocating for Others: Helping build understanding and awareness to remove barriers and achieve inclusion.
Working with Others: Communicating to reach understanding in others and yourself and then working together to meet shared goals.
Creativity, Problem Solving & Decision Making: Understanding a situation, exploring options and making the best choice to achieve success.
Helping Others Achieve: Providing support and guidance to others, building on strengths and encouraging others to work towards their goals.
Initiative: Taking the action needed to follow through on plans and act on opportunities and address concerns.
Interpersonal Relationships & Respect: Dealing with people in a sensitive and respectful manner. Listening & understanding perspectives.
Resilience: Continuing on, even in difficult situations and being willing to take a stand for what is right.
If this describes you and you are interested, please submit your expression of interest by November 13, including a covering letter and résumé to:
Human Resources Department
Community Living Hamilton
Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.